Developing in Union County since 1947
CONNOLLY CONSTRUCTION CO.
Connolly Construction Co. was founded in 1947 by Roscoe R. Connolly, the father of the current owner. The company has been involved in the general excavation and building industry in varying degrees for over 60 years. Originally, Connolly Construction Co. was engaged in excavation, heavy dirt work, and had several pipe crews. They were also involved in major commercial development projects. In the mid-50's, the company was heavily involved with the development of this nation's highway system and several of Ohio's state highways. The company has worked in the development of several shopping centers, and commercial and entertainment developments in the Columbus area. Specific local projects in which the company has been involved include: Eastland Mall, the former Northland Mall, Columbus Zoo expansion, Muirfield Golf Course, Mad River Mountain, Scioto Downs, Frantz Road, and I-71 expansions.
In the mid 1960's, as the result of a large residential growth spurt, the company became more housing oriented. Connolly Construction Co. acquired the franchise for National Homes and constructed several smaller housing developments, providing an economical opportunity for area residents to have new homes. The company also was involved in constructing larger subdivisions. At the same time, the company obtained the East Liberty stone quarry and worked with several portable crushing plants to provide aggregate for development throughout the state. The company grew to employ approximately 125 employees during the peak season and carried 40 to 50 employees year round.
In 1976, Roscoe Connolly retired (after being president of the company for nearly 30 years) and appointed Phillip Connolly, his oldest son, to the presidency. Phillip's entire working life has been with the company, first working as a mechanic's assistant, then running heavy equipment and driving trucks, and finally working in the management of the company alongside his father.
Connolly Construction Co. now is primarily involved in real estate development and management. Years of building subdivisions for other developers, being involved in the housing and aggregate industries and training as a civil engineer makes Phillip a natural to bring together the necessary elements to create the Green Pastures development. Having lived in Marysville his entire life, he is committed to the community's future and has the experience, knowledge and trust needed to bring together the varying community interests helping to make the dream of the Green Pastures development a reality.
Connolly Construction has also recently developed City Gate, on the east side of Marysville. City Gate is home to several new restaurants, offices, medical facilities, and retail businesses. The development fills a niche in Marysville by offering premium lots in a high-visibility area to businesses needing a small to mid-size piece of ground. Sites are still available for purchase at City Gate, please contact us for more information.
Connolly Construction’s newest development is Bethel Woods, a retail-focused project on Marysville’s west side, at US 33 and W. 5th St. Bethel Woods will offer premium sites with access and visibility from 5th Street, and is just one exit from Honda of America, one of the region’s largest employers.
Connolly Construction Co.
179 Emmaus Road, Marysville, OH. (937) 644-8831